Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving

11/22/2009

I have been sick this past week, but ready to start a new week with great enthusiasm!!

Starting 11/30/2009, I will teach in the afternnoon at the jr. hi. I love change--I love the teachers there, the administrative team, and I'm sure I will love the kids. I just need to meet my new students.

I will continue at the high school in the mornings with kids I have known for 4 years, and some much, much longer. Everyone of them is a bright spot in the day. I just have to cram all these bright spots into the morning now.

The jr. hi is heading up a big Thanksgiving dinner called Thanks for Giving. Basically the entire community is invited. We are such a small town that this is possible. District staff --mostly jr. hi and high school--are fixing the meal.. We have cash donations and food donations. Today--Sunday--is the food prep beginning. I wish I knew for sure I was not contagious, then I would help if not. Tuesday is the dinner. Maybe by then......... Servers, clean-upers, all kinds of help will be needed.

I am thankful for the life God has given me. I am thankful for my husband and son--I look forward to another 26 years together, and more.

I am thankful for my exercise buddy--we go daily to the gym.

I am thankful for Jesus Christ, my Savior and Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment