Saturday, November 28, 2009

Multi-tasking

11/28/2009

I am not certified ADHD, but I seem to have to have a lot of projects going on at one time just to accomplish anything. The house is quiet. Joe is playing in the Turkey Bowl soccer game at Meldrum Bar Park, and Vung Chan left to take the 2 cans of food (for the hotdog) Joe forgot. He also said something about 'looking at cars'. Yikes!!

Anyway, I have 3 computers going: my laptop to write the IEP document for 7 am Monday morning (the one that got postponed because I was sick); the school laptop to catch up on documenting specially designed instruction (SDI) I did with kids on my caseload; and the cheap emachine which runs fastest because it is not wireless. I do facebook, games, email, and read the news on the emachine.

All said, I should get SOMETHING accomplished today. I am also putting away fall/Thanksgiving decorations and mentally: putting up the fake tree (didn't get to it yet), arranging the Nativity, and setting out the village. And the kitchen floor needs to be mopped.

I am also trying to write a letter to my nephew, Doug. I am almost two weeks late for his birthday, so I will also send a Christmas letter.

Oh yes, the annual Christmas letter also keeps floating through my mind.

No wonder I like to play FreeCell so I can free up my mind.

I did get up and exercised with Adonica at 7 am. I rode 40 minutes on the recumbunt bike--my longest yet.

My friends are selling Christmas trees in our front driveway, so I can also watch that.

A good reminder while I multi-task:

Isaiah 26:3 (Amplified Bible)
You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on You, because he commits himself to You, leans on You, and hopes confidently in You.

It should help with heart disease and stress.

Go in constant peace.

2 comments:

  1. Good reminder, Velma. Thanks! I've always loved that verse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post, Velma! You've got me praying: "Lord, I am committed to You. I'm leaning on You and my hope is in You. Thank You, Lord, for keeping me in perfect and constant peace!"

    ReplyDelete