Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year's Day!!

1/1/2010

I couldn't decide whether to write this blog on 12/31/2009 or wait until today, 1/1/2010. As a math teacher, the date is interesting if you only use the month and year: 01/10 or 01-10. I think today I will use 01-10. (I can harldy wait for 10-10-10.) My husband's citizenship certificate is dated 8/8/88. Really.

I love math. But you all knew that. Maybe I will include some number theory this year. Maybe.

Ups and downs of teaching: I still have 2009 classwork papers to grade and record (that is, the year 2009.) And then to file. I have the blank worksheets to also file--but first I have to set up those new plastic files with lids. I have what I need, but I work better under pressure. So, I need to buckle down today and tomorrow, and gear up for Monday.

Teaching requires much discernment and mercy--toward anything and everyone. One needs to understand boundaries and own personal limits. If one is all mercy, boundaries and personal limits fly out the window. If one is only discerning, harshness sets in and a person may become judgmental.

I love the verse: 1 Peter 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Sometimes when I love people and look past weaknesses and bad decisions, I am misunderstood. That's ok. I like to be loved when I am weak and have made a bad decision. Somehow, that love brings me back on track. And I want to pass that on.

I want to pass on some exciting reading from yesterday and today:

Proverbs 2:1-11
Moral Benefits of Wisdom
1. My son (or daughter), if you accept My words and store up My commands within you,
2. turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding,
3. and if you call out for insight (discerment) and cry aloud for understanding,
4. and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure,
5. then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God.
6. For the LORD gives wisdom, and from His mouth come knowledge and understanding.
7. He holds victory in store for the upright, He is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,
8. for He guards the course of the just and protects the way of His faithful ones.
9. Then you will understand what is right and just and fair—every good path.
10. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.
11. Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you.

I am thankful for a new year. I love to make goals, whether they are called new year's resolutions or not. I will renew my personal mission statement today.

Most of all, I want to be close to my Heavenly Father, be the best mom and wife ever, be healthy, be discerning and merciful, help the hurting, laugh a lot, and be as stress-freeas possible by finding that rest in my soul--often.

I am sure there are more, but I now need to go finish taking down the Christmas decorations.

May the Ducks win roses for us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment