Wednesday, February 10, 2010

2-10-2010

2-10-2010!!! How can I resist this one? Almost passed me by. Tomorrow is my friend Mary's birthday, and many other birthdays passed by this week. I have two student-2/14 and 2/15. Hard to remember them all!!

Coming up is Valentine's Day--the anniversary of my dad's death.

It is also a time to love and be loved. I need to give my students the special heart candy I bought a month ago. Why tomorrow?

Friday I go to the surgeon to see about my torn rotator cuff--the tendon is retracted. I got way too enthusiastic about laundry, and wet jeans are heavier than I remembered from the time before. Add being short to that, and the angle and force was just too much for my tendon to hang on.

The downside of teaching is being sick or needing surgery. It is more work to prepare for a sub than to teach.

The upside is that I get a break from it!! And that I will miss teaching!! And the kids!!

Another upside is spending more time with my family!!! I love them so much!! My favorite son and my favorite husband!!

Thank you, Lord!!

1 comment:

  1. The Lord does seem to use surgery to give us time to spend with Him.
    When I was suffering with Trigeminal Neuralgia, (6 months) before I had head surgery. My bible and my recliner were my life savers. I couldn't sleep in a bed, or lay flat without pain and dizziness. God gave me the verse in 2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness" there were days when all I could do was meditate on "My grace is sufficient" years later I had ACL surgery on my left knee, and again the verse came back to me in 2 Cor. 12:9 and this time I knew, His grace was sufficient for me. and in my weakness He will give me His strength to endure. You too, will have a special time with our Lord as your journey of being set aside for a season is taking place.
    Blessings and love to you my dear sister,
    NancyLou

    ReplyDelete